Picking up again in Ess (has it really been a month since I was on this journey?) I head north at the exact same spot I left off. I still haven't picked up many fellow travellers. There are a few who joined my group. I suppose being out of the country a month didn't help...I hope to eventually pick up more part-timers.
FACING THE CHILLY ROAD AGAIN
Breaking into a run to keep warm. =)
MOUNTAIN ROAD IN DUCK
Duck is the name of the sim. At least, I think so. Or perhaps it's named Duck as a warning: "When you see these hideous trees, DUCK!"
A HOBBITY-STYLE HOUSE
I see Lord of the Rings everywhere I go. A lifetime obsession. Sometimes the LOTR movie soundtrack goes through my head for no reason. Fortunately, it's usually "Concerning Hobbits".
PATIENCE, PATIENCE....
After the lovely adventures last night, it's really hard to deal with....this...
THE FAMOUS ISABEL INFOHUB
From the SL Wiki:
Isabel was brought onto the grid on October 02, 2004, as part of a batch of 41 new sims. On October 06, 2004, a telehub was placed in the sim, raising interest in the land surrounding this feature.Isabel features coastal land on two sides. In addition, there is a small, aged moutain range beginning in the middle of the sim and progressing north through neighboring sims. Small, jagged hills punctuate the landscape in a few spots. The vegetation is primarily low, leafy trees.
And Brokeback Cowboys! =)
ROADSIDE TAVERN NEAR ISABEL
There are still areas designated "The Shelter" around the Isabel Infohub area.
From the Wiki:
The Shelter was relocated to Northern Isabel on December 1, 2004 from Fudo to escape lag issues in the older sims.When Telehubs were abolished in late 2005, much of the land in Isabel came up for sale, most of which was purchased by the Shelter group, or reclaimed by Governor Linden. Former commercial land was reverted to trees & open spaces once it came under Shelter ownership.
In 2005, Shelter group put a team of residents together (Mera Pixel & FireEyes Fauna) to build the Isabel Infohub with new-residents in mind. Like all infohubs, its a spot that new residents can opt to land upon entering the mainland, and/or set as a home teleport point.
In 2005, Shelter group put a team of residents together (Mera Pixel & FireEyes Fauna) to build the Isabel Infohub with new-residents in mind. Like all infohubs, its a spot that new residents can opt to land upon entering the mainland, and/or set as a home teleport point.
SUTHERLAND DAM ROAD NEAR ISABEL
I never did find a dam anywhere. Maybe it's gone now?
PIMUSHE WATERFALL
This is actually a rather nice, peaceful place. It's right along the road with the unfindable dam. The rail picks up again right here, too.
Visit Pimushe Waterfall
This area is privately owned by Lynks Binder.
EXPERIMENTING WITH COLOR
Overall, this region...just...sucks. I hate to say that. I'm sure I'm missing some really wonderful buildings and attractions. I'm sure there's some lovely homes and creativity off the main road. But it's dreary; as I pass through Bowfin, Cass, Kerchal...bleary landscape and mediocre areas along the road. The evil crystals, of course, even make an appearance. I'm bypassing photos at this point as I head north & keep an eye open for some interesting material.
I never did find a dam anywhere. Maybe it's gone now?
PIMUSHE WATERFALL
This is actually a rather nice, peaceful place. It's right along the road with the unfindable dam. The rail picks up again right here, too.
Visit Pimushe Waterfall
This area is privately owned by Lynks Binder.
EXPERIMENTING WITH COLOR
Overall, this region...just...sucks. I hate to say that. I'm sure I'm missing some really wonderful buildings and attractions. I'm sure there's some lovely homes and creativity off the main road. But it's dreary; as I pass through Bowfin, Cass, Kerchal...bleary landscape and mediocre areas along the road. The evil crystals, of course, even make an appearance. I'm bypassing photos at this point as I head north & keep an eye open for some interesting material.









No comments:
Post a Comment