SHOPPING?
SECOND LIFE SHOPPING
Who DOESN'T want to shop in SL? It's a shopper's paradise. The sheer number of items & variety of individualization for your avatar or home is endless. Shopping and the concept of individuality (through creativity of users) has always been one of the main draws of Second Life.
During my several years in Second Life, the talent pool has grown, as merchants learn their craft and the most amazing items are available. You literally can be anything you want and look any way you want.
ALMOST ORDINARY IS A BIT OF A SHOPPING SNOB...
YUCK.
When I shop, I prefer to do it while logged in, & at attractive stores. See the above? Big obnoxious pictures in plain view of the road and no thought or care into making a place where it's a pleasure to shop. Just slap down some ugly grey walls, scare your neighbor and call it good?
YEAH! LOBBY AT SEY
But this..THIS! As soon as you land, you're greeted with warm colors, great lighting, & a beautiful building. You can spend hours in a place like this (and lots of money). When I see an attractive setting for merchandise, it tells me that the seller has taste, cares about his or her surroundings and the customer's experience, and will most likely be attentive if there's problems of any kind. I'm such a snob that if I see someone wearing something I love, and go to the store to see what they have to offer: If it's walls slapped together & pictures dropped towards the street, I won't buy a thing or even stay long enough to rez the rest!
VISIT SEY'S SHOPS
VISIT SEY'S SHOPS
THE LOVELY ARMIDI SHOPPING CENTER
Another great example of a place with taste and character. Who wouldn't want to shop here? When you see something like this, you know right away that your browsing will also reveal quality merchandise.
VISIT ARMIDI'S SHOPS
VISIT ARMIDI'S SHOPS
XSTREETS MARKETPLACE
If you're having trouble getting around because your teleports are failing, or you just need something quick, XStreets is useful. This is the humongous SL website shopping center, sort of the Amazon of Second Life. You search for what you want, click Buy, and moments later it's delivered to you. Useful though, I truly love the experience of actually going places and will do that first whenever possible. Here's the link for Xstreets:
Happy Shopping!





No comments:
Post a Comment