Wednesday, September 28, 2011

PTERON & SPECTR3 BELFIRE

During my visit to Inspire Space Park, I meet a gentleman named Spectr3 Belfire who offers to take me to another universe. Sure, it sounds like a pick-up line, but guess what? He did.
 PTERON LANDING
Pteron is a gorgeous, unique sim. The description is a bit cryptic but reads:
-the abyss of mind- tale of pyroxene relax unknown species
meditation immigrant  water  eutopia utopia Universe secret  temple  atmosphere  spiritual pagan  ore  mysticism  prayer  cocoon  butterfly heaven Sangha
  chill SCI-FI ambient world .Annulus.
 PLANET IN MOTION
Much of the sim is done in a breath-taking aqua that looks alive. You do feel like you have entered another universe.
TIDE COMES IN
Spectr commented on the tide effect being the only one he's ever seen in SL. I scrunched my eyes, trying to see it, only to realize I'd stupidly left "Animate Textures" off, after visiting a club filled with annoying dance floors. Once I turned it on, I was treated to a graceful, realistic, soothing tide that made me want to stand there for hours.
SEA OF SWIRLING LIGHT AND WATER
The sim is owned by Kei514 Flow. 
Kei states: 
 hello travelers 
~I hope your smile forever~ 
With love on our departure
ANOTHER WORLD
Literally.
INFINITY?
The sim has 4 distinct areas to which to teleport. Each is as stunning as the last.
RIVEN-ESQUE
It reminds me of that wonderful old PC game, Myst/Riven. The color scheme at this particular landing as well as the incredible use of shape and light was awe-inspiring and something you don't see in SL every day.
LIGHT AND SOUND
I stand here, enthused and affected by this wonderful place. The mainland in SL (my primary area of exploration early in this journey) has its wonders. In many cases, though, you hit the truly fantastic areas of creativity and wonder when you start visiting the privately owned areas of SL.
SPECTR3 BELFIRE
Spectr was kind enough to show me around. He is a Particle Performing Artist in Second Life and does a damn fine job of it, too. We wandered Pteron and talked for almost 2 hours. Spectr keeps quite a busy schedule, being very actively creative in SL and also running a business in real life.
SPECTR PLAYS WITH FIRE
He's also a very good kisser.

CLICK TO SEE SPECTR'S WORK
SPECTR'S GARDEN
This lovely garden is a creation of Spectr's. Setting your sun to midnight, you wander through pieces of time and light, even a genie bottle.
I will post a link here when he and his group is performing again in SL. You can get the notices by joining the group in SL: Particle Performance Artists Group.

No comments:

Post a Comment