Off the main road there is a cluster of sims i'm familiar with, called Chamonix City. My friends run the place. This is a Linden-owned community project run by GOHA.
CHAMONIX CITY BRIDGE
This bridge is the best I've seen so far anywhere in Second Life. Also, there's penguins and snowmen jumping off it, which makes me laugh.
NOOO DON'T JUMP!
CHAMONIX CITY ENTRANCE
From the SL Wiki, Chamonix City is "an expansion off the coast of the Snow Sims of Sansara (the original mainland continent), with a bridge connecting the 6 sims at Braggiani. This area was named Chamonix City, after the site of the original Winter Olympics, and consists of Off Sides, Neutral Zone, Cross Check, Empty Net, Breakaway and Blueliner. Chamonix City also offers a ski jump, skiing, snowboarding, ice skating, hiking trails, freebies, balloon rides and has several other winter sports projects in development as of 2011 including bobsledding."
LOOK, MA, I FOUND A HOCKEY GAME
This hockey rink isn't a big surprise..my real life husband built & runs this hockey league & i play in it, too, under an alt. =) So I know the area already.
This hockey rink isn't a big surprise..my real life husband built & runs this hockey league & i play in it, too, under an alt. =) So I know the area already.
KERMIT SNOWBOARDS
Yes, that's me, I mysteriously changed into Kermit.
And at this point, I call a cease in the journey for the day, &will pick it back up again tomorrow. My plan is to continue through the snowlands, but then backtrack & pick it back up in the Color Sims (we missed some of those!), Nova Albion and Bay City before heading on west. I'll pick up the western journey wherever I leave off at the Snow Regions.





No comments:
Post a Comment