Sunday, August 7, 2011

WHY THE ROADS?

I've been asked why I stick primarily to the official roads and rails of SL.  The answer is simple: There are a lot of privately owned land areas that are "locked" & don't allow visitors. When you hit the property line for these areas, it won't let you pass. You must work your way around it.

In older versions, there were visible Ban Lines. These were hideous red lines of text that stretched up to the sky.

These are quite unpopular with the majority of residents due to their ugliness, needless to say!


Privacy is something hard to come by, but many people build a skybox or other options if they really need it.  As a curious traveler who would never enter a home if someone was there, I'm against locked properties! You can't steal, you can only enjoy. But I suppose we must respect the option.

No comments:

Post a Comment