A break in the action for an editorial! I hope you're enjoying the photographic journey so far & the historical & trivia information. Much of my casual research as I travel around comes from the very helpful SL Wiki which can be found at:
"Wikia is a collaborative publishing platform that enables communities to discover, create and share content on any topic in any language.Wikia sites are written by community members that are passionate about subjects ranging from video games, TV shows and movies to food, fashion, and environmental sustainability."
Second Life is the most fun when you can share it with friends. I gladly welcome anyone to join me on the journey. In the past journey, we developed into a small group of travelers & had a blast. I felt like Forrest Gump.
You can contact me inside Second Life. Also, I have a profile on the marvelous site of AVMatch.com. (You can use that for romance but also just for finding inworld companions & friends)
If you sign up, please put me down as your referring source. I get points that way. Thankee sai!
My Second Life Tips!
I've been hanging about SL for 5 years. (Almost Ordinary & one other avatar share the same human.) In this time, I've learnt & can offer some tips on SL Survival.
1. Don't wear facelights. Everyone hates them except you.
2. Never teleport when you can walk.
3. Try not to use Text-Speech but standard language, unless you're very tired or high.
4. It's okay to initiate a conversation. Saying just a plain "Hello!" can open doors to you. Join groups & get involved.
5. If you go AFK, try to remember to put your "Busy" or "AFK" flag on. (I try but sometimes forget.) If someone doesn't respond to you, assume they're AFK. Don't assume they are ignoring you.
6. Be a good neighbor. Remember that they also have to live with the view (or lack of view) that your creations demand. We all have different levels of skill, but there are some things anyone can avoid particularly blocking a neighbor's views with huge ugly boxes or panels.
7. This is just personal taste..but...common sense..Try to put some effort into your avatar's image. Get some decent clothes, put some work into your shape, pick up an AO (even a freebie is better than none) & don't wear your genitals in public. Trust me if you can't talk decently & you're walking around like a duck with your dick out, no girl wants to see you in her bed.
8. Pick up a freebie radar. They are nice!
9. Put yourself out there. SL isn't boring or lonely if you make the effort. Go to events, talk to people, get involved.
10. Remember, it's for FUN!
![]() | |||
| I hope all of this helps you enjoy your Second Life all the more! Love, Almost Ordinary |






No comments:
Post a Comment