Wednesday, August 3, 2011

LAND FOR...SALE? ABANDONED?

MAP OF AREA

Part of the fun of travelling is seeing different areas for sale (they are listed in yellow) & imagining your home there. It can be disconcerting at times tho when you find some AH PERFECT! area & then check the price tag & see someone wants $74,000 Lindens for a 2038. Ouch! REALLY?

So for the time being, I continue to "live" at my little freebie Linden Home. No tier & it's pretty cute. But who knows what will tempt me as I travel...
ABANDONED LAND?!

I have noticed a lot of abandoned land along the way. Some of it is very pretty. Today, I even came across land abandoned by Governor Linden himself, see picture above. Do people abandon the land because they can't sell it, or are too lazy, or need to move too quick? Are most of them just parcels that the SL member stopped paying for? It's a shame because it sits there unused &unavailable. I did see that Linden Lab is now starting to offer up, gradually, pieces of abandoned land for $1/meter. It seems sporadic. Maybe there could be a system made where land that is abandoned automatically goes up for sale to anyone at the end of 48 hours. Otherwise, what a waste.

East Wind College, Ebisu

ROUTE VEHICLES

As you travel along the Linden-constructed roads, you will see automated vehicles. Some of them are a bit strange like this space-pod. I've seen ice cream trucks, Mafia vehicles, police cars & more. With many of them you can click on them & jump on for a riding tour.

No comments:

Post a Comment